1946 was a busy year for Kilmihil Club. At inter –county level Tommy Galvin and Peter Daly represented the Club in matches against Offaly, Limerick and Kerry.

At Club level Kilmihil played in Minor, Intermediate, Junior and Senior.

In July Kilmihil met Cooraclare in the first round of the Senior Championship.
Cooraclare were the holders of the Title for 1944 and 1945. In the Clare Champion of 20th July 1946 we find the following report.
“At Kilrush, Kilmihil created a big sensation, by defeating Cooraclare, the Co. Champions, in the first round of the Senior Championship on the score of 2-7 to 0-7.
The victory came as no surprise to Kilmihil who had made special preparations for the engagement, and made no secret of their ability to win this match. The team was handicapped by the loss of their star player, Peter Daly, who had suffered an injury at the Clare – Kerry game at Ennis the previous Sunday. Playing against the breeze, Kilmihil were led by 0-7 to nil at half time. On the changeover Kilmihil threw themselves into the fray in earnest fashion, Kevin Ryan, Kevin Fitzpatrick and Michael Kelly combining in the forward division to score 2 goals and 2 points. Tommie Galvin from frees accounted for their other 5 points.
Outstanding for the winners were, Star Enright and Frank Normoyle.

In August Kilrush had two points to spare over Kilmihil in the second round of the Senior Championship in a very exciting game.

In the Clare Champion of 10th August 1946 there is a report of the Divisional Final of the Junior Football Championship between Clonboney and St, Michael’s which was played in Miltown.
“ Clonboney beat St, Michael’s, Kilmihil by 1 point, after a very dour struggle. The attendance was poor, but those who did turn up were treated to a very fine exhibition of football. The narrow margin which separated the teams at the final whistle, was indicative of the progress of the game, and fairly represents the great fight put up by the losers. At no stage was the issue certain, and it was only in the last minute that Mc Guane sent over the winning point. The game was clean, fast and exciting all through, and the final score was: Clonboney 0-8 St, Michael’s 1-4”

The report goes on to say that Patrick Daly sent over the first score, a point, and Peter Daly sent over the bar for St. Michael’s second point. Two more points were scored in the first half but the scorers were not named. In the second half there was a melee in the Clonboney goal area, where the St. Michael’s forwards, in concerted action, swept on for a major. This was their only score in the second half.

The 1945 Minor Final was not played until September 1946. The finalists were Kilmihil and Miltown Malbay, and the match was played in Cooraclare. The score was:-
Miltown Malbay 1-8 Kilmihil 0-4

In October 1946 Kilmihil played Faughs in the Intermediate Football Divisional Final at Ballynacally and were beaten.
Faughs 4-5 Kilmihil 1-1
Kilmihil were best served by Tommy Galvin, Frank Normoyle and Micko Keating.