As a result of winning the Senior Championship in 1980 Kilmihil represented the county in the Munster Club Championship and their opponents were St. Finbar’s.

The game was played in March 1981 in Doonbeg and St. Finbar’s won on the score of 2-8 to 0-3.

In May Kilmihil were beaten in the Semi-Final of the Aberdeen Arms Cup by Miltown Malbay, the score was 2-9 to 1-2.

In the first round of the 1981 Senior Championship Kilmihil beat Eire Og, 0-8 to 1-1.

Our next opponents were Michael Cusack’s in the quarter final and Kilmihil won easily, 3-7 to 0-7.

On 9th August Kilmihil met Kilkee in the Semi-Final. This was a tough battle and Kilkee led at half-time 1-4 to 0-5. Ten minutes into the second half Noel Normoyle levelled the scores but Kilkee showed their determination and finished with 3 unanswered points to leave the final score, Kilkee 1-8  Kilmihil 0-8.

Scorers: Colm Collins 0-4 (3 frees), Noel Normoyle 0-3, Michael Lineen 0-1 (free).

Team: Joe Kelly, Declan Mc Namara, Teddy Murphy, Stan Lineen, John Moran, Pat Garry, Martin Murphy, Michael Keating, Sean Murphy, Noel Normoyle, Michael Garvey, Colm Collins, Michael Lineen, Batt Crowley & Francis Normoyle.

In the U21 Championship Kilmihil were out to retain their title and in the Final their opponents were St. Joseph’s Miltown Malbay. The game was played in Doonbeg and it ended in a draw, Kilmihil 0-5 Miltown Malbay 1-2.  Best for Kilmihil were Stan Lineen, Pat Garry, Noel Normoyle, John Moran, Kieran Normoyle and John Hayes.

Scorers: Colm Collins 0-2, Noel Normoyle, Kieran Normoyle and John Collins 0-1 each.

Team: Sean Finucane, Pat Pender, Stan Lineen, Noel Considine, Joe Keating,

Pat Garry, John Hayes, Noel Normoyle, Pat Moran, Senan Nolan, Kieran Normoyle, Colm Collins, John Browne, John Collins & Padraic Cotter.

The replay took place on 11th October 1981 in Doonbeg and Miltown came from behind to level the score at full time.  An additional 30 minutes was played and again Miltown came from behind to level the score, Kilmihil 0-8   Miltown Malbay 1-5.    

Scorers: Colm Collins 0-3, Noel Normoyle 0-2, John Collins, Senan Nolan and John Browne 0-1 each.

Team: Sean Finucane, John Callinan, Stan Lineen, Pat Pender, Joe Keating,

Pat Garry, John Hayes, Noel Normoyle, Noel Considine, Padraic Cotter, Kieran Normoyle, Colm Collins, Senan Nolan, John Collins & John Browne.

The second replay took place at Cusack Park on 8th November and at half time the sides were still deadlocked after playing for a total of three hours. Shortly after half-time captain Pat Garry got injured but he was determined to play on so he moved to the full forward position. This proved to be the turning point when he was pulled down and Colm Collins made no mistake with the resulting penalty.

In the 16th minute Pat Garry sealed the victory when he scored the second goal and there was no way back for Miltown after that.

Best for Kilmihil were Noel Normoyle, Pat Garry, Colm Collins and Padraic Cotter.

The Man-of-the-Match award was presented to Noel Normoyle for his performance.

Scorers: Colm Collins 1-3, Padraic Cotter 0-3, Pat Garry 1-0, Noel Normoyle 0-1.

Team: Sean Finucane, Joe Keating, Stan Lineen, Pat Pender, Pat Moran,

Pat Garry, Noel Normoyle, Noel Considine, John Browne, Kieran Normoyle, Colm Collins, Padraic Cotter, John Collins & Senan Nolan.

Sub. John Callinan for Sean Finucane.