Garry Cup

Kilmihil had a good run in the Garry Cup recording four wins to qualify for the Semi-Final but were well beaten by Doonbeg.

Intermediate Championship

In the first round of the Intermediate Championship at Lissycasey Kilmihil defeated Clondegad 1-12 to 0-9. Playing with the breeze in the first half Kilmihil dictated matters and led at half time 1-9 to 0-3. Clondegad fought back in the second half but Kilmihil were always in control and won in the end by 6 points.

In the final game of the group Kilmihil met Kildysart and because they had already qualified for the Semi-Final the management decided to rest the U21 players. Kildysart had been relegated the previous year and were struggling to find their form.

The game ended in a draw 2-7 to 2-7.

The Semi-Final was played at Miltown Malbay in wet conditions which suited a physically stronger Corofin team. A defensive error resulted in a goal for Corofin which gave them a two point lead and although Kilmihil pressed hard they only managed to score one point and the game ended with a one point win for Corofin on the score of 1-5 to 1-4.


In the first round of the U21B Championship played at Cooraclare Kilmihil drew with Lissycasey 1-9 to 1-9, David Ryan was outstanding and scored a goal to force a draw.

Extra time was needed in the replay before Shane Egan scored a goal to separate the sides. Final score: Kilmihil 1-7 to 0-6.

In the Semi-Final Kilmihil met Clondegad and built up a six point lead at half time complements of two goals from James Egan. Clondegad applied considerable pressure in the second half and fought back but they ran out of time and Kilmihil held on to win by the narrowest of margins. Final score: Kilmihil 2-7, Clondegad 0-12.

The U21B Final was played at Miltown Malbay against St. Breckan’s and with 10 of last years team Kilmihil were favourites to retain the title but it was St. Breckan’s who set the pace scoring two points before Shane Egan replied with a point followed by a goal from a penalty.  David Ryan was a big loss when he was forced to retire after 18 minutes with a knee injury. Kilmihil extended their half time lead to three points but St. Breckan’s levelled the score with a goal and then took a 2-5 to 1-4 lead.

Kilmihil were not going to give up their title without a fight and Brian Melican scored a point to leave three points between the sides and subsequently provided the pass to Colm O’Gorman who scored a goal in the dying moments of the game to force a draw.

Team: Christopher Donnelly, Niall Reidy, Jonathan O’Sullivan, Laurence Murray, Eamonn Ryan, Conor Crowley, Alan Normoyle, Cathal Daly, David Ryan, James Searson, Shane Egan (Cahermurphy), Colm O’Gorman, Shane Egan, Paul Finucane & James Egan.

Subs: Brian Melican for David Ryan, Darragh Lineen for Niall Reidy, Joe Duggan for James Searson & Sean O’Leary for Paul Finucane. 

Scorers: Shane Egan 1-2 (1-0 penalty & 0-1 free), Colm O’Gorman 1-1, Brian Melican 0-2 (1 free), Cathal Daly 0-1.

The Replay

There was little to separate the sides and at the end of normal time they were deadlocked once again at 1-7 each. The character of the teams would be tested in extra time and at the changeover Kilmihil led by a point. St. Breckan’s fought back with two points and in the final minute Kilmihil had the chance to draw level once again but the effort was off target and St. Breckan’s held on to win by a point.

Final Score: Kilmihil 1-10  St. Breckan’s 1-11.