Junior Championship
Kilmihil met Clondegad in the third round of the Junior Championship.
“Played under ideal conditions, the keen nature of the exchanges, and the fact that the verdict was in doubt until the final whistle, kept interest alive all the time. The match opened on a fast note and within five minutes Clondegad had taken the lead with a minor by James Hehir. Kilmihil were now proving themselves a very neat team, fast and clever and with the ability to field faultlessly, and their efforts were soon rewarded with a point by Collins, who added another after 15 minutes play. Receiving the ball far out, Johnnie Egan shot unerringly, and when R. O’Shea hit the crossbar the ball rebounded to give Clondegad a one point lead almost on half-time. And then it happened. A movement starting from Collins and Sexton went on to Egan on the 21 yards mark; seizing an opening, he shot a left-footed drive which had goal written all over it, and even a magnificent effort from Alec Mc Mahon could not prevent one of the best opportunist goals ever seen at this grounds. So half-time arrived leaving Kilmihil 1-2; Clondegad 0-3. On the changeover Clondegad faced the job in style. They were not as spectacular as the boys in green and gold, but with sheer effort added to the better finishing of their forwards, they gradually came out on top. A goal came from Hill and points from Kelly and John Egan, to which Kilmihil replied with two points from Collins, who was their outstanding shot in a very good young team.”
Final Score: Clondegad 1-6; Kilmihil 1-4.

Senior Championship
In June 1952, Kilmihil met Kilrush in the first round of the Senior Championship and lost by 1 point.
“Kilrush broke away with a lightning start, but over-eagerness sent the balls wide.
Against the run of play at this stage, Kilmihil got the first score, a point from play by
Martin Cotter. Kilmihil settled down better after scoring, and were superior in a number of positions, but spoiled some promising movements by senseless fouling.
After one of the infringements, T. Shannon sent a long ball to James Griffin, who gave Kilrush its first score with a point from play, leaving the teams level. J. Bermingham put Kilrush in the lead with a point, after a pass from Griffin. From the kick-out Kilmihil started another one of those movements, which characterise their play. Cotter rounded it off with a goal, which put Kilmihil 2 points ahead. Kilmihil maintained the pressure, and though Tommy Galvin cleared his lines well, the backs were eventually forced to concede a point. Fast play and close marking were now a feature of the game as Kilrush were struggling hard to get on terms. Griffin and Capliss were beginning to have slightly the better of exchanges at mid-field, and after a period on the offensive, G. Lawlor brought the large Kilrush following to their feet with the equalizer, a goal from play. M. Collins, however, had a point from a 14 yards free, to leave the score 1-3 to 1-2, in favour of Kilmihil at half-time.

Kilrush dictated the run of play in the opening stages of the second half, but a number of scores were lost, owing to some very scrappy football. From an infringement on a Kilrush forward A. Mc Namara sent a 21 yards free over the bar for the equalising point. Led by Cotter and Collins, Kilmihil fought hard for a score, but the superb defence work of Galvin, Meehan and Shannon foiled their attempts. When the trend of the game changed, Mc Namara put Kilrush in the lead, when he again sent over the bar. The efforts of Kilmihil to equalize failed, and the game ended with the score 1-4 to 1-3 in favour of Kilrush”

In November 1952, Clare were beaten by Kerry in the National League. “ An otherwise dull game was highlighted by the outstanding display of Eddie Cotter, centre-back.”