Cusack Cup

Draw with Kilkee, 2-7 each in Cusack Cup.

Senior Championship

Kilmihil met Miltown Malbay in the preliminary round of the Senior Championship on 3rd July at Doonbeg. Miltown opened the scoring with a goal and while Kilmihil responded with two points. Miltown were in control and led by a goal at half time,

1-3 to 0-3. Kilmihil staged a comeback in the second half and narrowed the margin to a point but Miltown responded with two further points to win on the score 1-8 to 0-8.

Team: Declan O’Halloran, Leonard O’Halloran, Kieran Browne, Dermot Haugh, Thomas Coughlan, Brendan Browne, John Normoyle, Alan Daly, Gerry Hayes, Mark O’Connell, Eamonn Downes, Karl Downes (0-1), Damien Devine (0-4 3f), Enda O’Halloran (0-2) and Shane Mangan.

Subs. Derek Murphy (0-1) for Shane Mangan & Niall O’Halloran for Eamonn Downes.

Minor B

Kilmihil advanced to the Semi-Final of the Minor B Championship with an impressive victory over Kildysart scoring 1-14 to 2-5. Alan Frawley, Keith Considine, Eoin & Noel Downes were best for Kilmihil.

Corofin proved to be tough opposition in the Semi-Final, playing with the breeze in the first half Kilmihil led 0-6 to 0-1 at half time. Corofin fought back in the third quarter to draw level before Kilmihil pulled away again. However Corofin again rallied to force a replay. Final score: Kilmihil 0-10 Corofin 2-4.

In the replay Kilmihil again had the aid of the breeze in the first half and led at half-time 0-6 to 0-2 and added another 1-1 to a point for Corofin. A this stage it was looking good for Kilmihil but Corofin made a number of switches and managed to draw level with five minutes to go. Kilmihil were on the back foot at this stage and Corofin finished stronger to win by a point. Final score: Corofin 2-6 Kilmihil 1-8. 

Junior A Championship

Kilmihil had one point to spare over Cratloe in the Junior A Championship at Ballyea.

Kilmihil had to come from behind and a late goal from Keith Considine levelled the score before Sean O’Neill kicked the winner. Best for Kilmihil were Declan Downes, Dominic Curtin, Keith Considine, Peter Downes and Ollie Breen.

Final score: Kilmihil 1-6  Cratloe 1-5

The Semi-Final was played in difficult conditions at Labasheeda against Clondegad and aided by the breeze Kilmihil led at half time 0-2 to nil. Clondegad levelled early in the second half and then took the lead. Damien O’Grady levelled matters once again but Paudie Clancy scored the winning point for Clondegad to leave the final score Clondegad 0-4  Kilmihil 0-3.