Senior Championship

In the first round of the Senior Championship Kilmihil put in a good performance against Kilkee scoring 2-2 without reply in the last quarter to earn a place in the quarter-final. Final score, Kilmihil 3-8, Kilkee 1-7.

Kilkee started well and had 1-1 on the scoreboard before Kilmihil got going. Leonard Collins scored three points from frees and Brendan Browne levelled the scores with another free. Just before half time Michael Keating was at the end of a good move to score a goal. Kilkee had the better of the opening exchanges in the second half and led by a point going into the last quarter. Kilmihil dominated the last ten minutes starting with a goal from Leonard Collins followed by two points from James Downes and James Pender added a goal to seal the issue.

Team: Declan O’Halloran, Kevin Collins, Alan Daly, Mick Egan, Kieran Browne,

Paddy Downes, John Hayes (0-1), Michael Keating (1-0), John Dalton, James Downes (0-2), Brendan Browne, Capt. (0-1), Gerry Downes, Gerry Hayes, Noel Normoyle (0-1) & Leonard Collins (1-3).

Sub: James Pender (1-0) for Gerry Hayes.

In the second round Kilmihil defeated Cooraclare 0-8 to 0-3 at Kilkee.

Scorers: Brendan Browne 0-4, James Pender (0-2) & Leonard Collins (0-2).

In the Semi-Final Kilmihil met Doonbeg and were well beaten 0-15 to 0-6. Kilmihil were never in contention in a game dominated by Gerry Killeen who accounted for nine of Doonbeg’s fifteen points.

Best for Kilmihil were Alan Daly, John Dalton, Michael Keating, Leonard Collins and Gerry Hayes.

Cusack Cup

In the Cusack Cup Kilmihil recorded victories over Kilrush 2-7 to 0-4 and Miltown Malbay by 3-5 to 0-10. Leonard Collins was in top form scoring 2 goals in each of the games. 

Geraldine League

The first outing in the Geraldine League was against Lissycasey. Joe Daly (Capt.) was in flying form against Naomh Eoin scoring 6 points while Michael Lineen scored a goal. Final score Kilmihil 1-8, Naomh Eoin 3-0. In the next round they beat Doora Barefield 0-10 to 0-6 and this was followed by a comprehensive victory over the Banner, 1-13 to 0-5. Ollie Breen starred in this match scoring 6 points.

Primary School

For the first time Kilmihil Primary School won Division 1 Football Championship.

In the play off stages they defeated Kilrush and then met Ennistymon in the Semi-Final. Ennistymon dominated the first half and led at half time by six points however Kilmihil took over in the second half scoring eight points without reply and finished them off with two goals. Final score, Kilmihil 2-12, Ennistymon 2-3.  Kilmihil qualified for the Final for the first time   they had a comprehensive victory over Miltown Malbay scoring 2-10 to 2-02.

The U12 team reached the Final but were beaten by a physically stronger Doora Barefield team on the score of 3-7 to 2-4.

For the second year running, Kilmihil were victorious in the U14 Championship defeating Doonbeg in the Final.


Two goals from Declan Downes and some excellent free taking by Enda Conway were the highlights of the victory over Kilmurry Ibrickane in the U16 Championship which ended, Kilmihil 3-9 to KIB 2-6.  Kilmihil suffered a heavy defeat in the next round when they were well beaten by Shannon Gaels, 1-7 to 0-1.