Geraldine League

Kilmihil defeated St. Breckan’s in the Semi Final on the score of 2-7 to 0-10.

The Final was played at Labasheeda against Cooraclare. Kilmihil were in control for most of the game however Cooraclare fought back with two second half goals to set up a very tense finish and Kilmihil snatched victory with the last kick of the game when Colm Collins scored from a free from 40m.

Team lineout: Tony Power, John Browne, Pat Moran (Capt.), Senan Callinan, Michael Hayes, Stan Lineen, Leonard Mc Namara, Noel Ryan, Tommy Devine
Kevin Cotter, Brendan Downes, Colm Collins, Andrew Johnston, Gerry O’Grady
and Joe Daly.
Scorers: Gerry O’Grady 0-4, Andrew Johnston 0-2, Kevin Cotter 0-1, Derek Murphy 0-1  & Colm Collins 0-1

Mentors: Pat Reidy, Senan Glynn and Joe Keane.
The final score was 0-9 to 2-2.

Cusack Cup

Kilmihil qualified for the Semi-Final of the Cusack Cup

Senior Championship

Kilmihil met Corofin in the quarter-final of the Senior Championship at Cusack Park.

Half way through the first half Kilmihil hit the front with a goal from Damien Devine who was well positioned to take advantage of a rebound from a Leonard Collins shot.

Kilmihil dominated the game after this and scored four points without reply. Leonard was unlucky not to score a goal but his shot was well blocked however on the 29th minute he found the target to leave the half time score 2-4 to 0-1. Corofin dominated the second half scoring 1-3 without reply. Declan O’Halloran brought off a top class save in the 27th minute and Leonard Collins had Kilmihil’s only score in the second half when he kicked a point in the 29th minute.

Final score, Kilmihil 2-5, Corofin 1-4.

Team: Declan O’Halloran, Kieran Browne, Alan Daly, Michael Egan, Gerry Downes (0-1), Brendan Browne, John Hayes, Michael Keating, Gerry Hayes, John Dalton, Noel Normoyle, Leonard Collins (1-2), Niall O’Halloran (0-1), Thomas Egan & Damien Devine (1-1).

In the Semi-Final they met the reigning champions, Doonbeg at Cooraclare. Kilmihil had the breeze in the first half but Doonbeg led at half time 0-4 to 0-3.  The sides were level nine minutes into the second half at 0-4 each. They were deadlocked with ten minutes remaining when Doonbeg scored a point from a free and followed this with a goal and scored three further points without reply to leave the final score 1-8 to 0-4.

Brendan Browne was outstanding at centre back, his brother Kieran did well at corner back, John Dalton did well at mid-field and in the forwards Thomas Egan & Gerry Hayes impressed.


In the first round of the U16A Championship Kilmihil scored an impressive victory over Kilkee scoring 2-11 to 0-4. Brendan Coen was the top scorer with six points and the goals were scored by Michael Currane and Enda O’Halloran. Others to impress were Gerard Haugh, Leonard O’Halloran, Enda Conway & Fergal Killoughrey.

Kilmihil beat Eire Og to qualify for the semi-final of the U16A Championship on the score of 2-4 to 0-6.