In the Clare Champion of 21st May 1960 there is a report of a Cusack Cup match between Kilmihil and Ennis Faughs.

“Ennis Faughs unbeaten record in the Cusack Cup ended at Cusack Park, Ennis on Sunday last, when a more determined Kilmihil team defeated them by 2 points.”
Kilmihil scored 3 points in the early stages of the first half without a reply from the Ennis side, Then Faughs got a goal. Michael Blake proved to be the star of the Ennis side. Just before half-time Aiden Lynch fisted the ball to Colm Keating who scored their second goal. Kilmihil scored 2 points per Finn Callinan in the second half, and the Faughs backs sent another shot to their own net. “The Ennis forwards harassed their opponents goal towards the end, and in their bid to clear the ball, the Kilmihil backs used very rough tactics, with the result that fighting broke out several times during the last quarter of the match. On one occasion the pitch was invaded, and Kilmihil supporters surrounded their own goal. Kilmihil were best served by Michael O’Grady, Dan Finucane, and Patrick Griffin in defence. Those to shine in the forward line were Martin Hedderman, Michael Browne and James Mc Mahon.”

In August 1960 Ennis Faughs defeated Kilmihil in the semi-final of the Juvenile Championship. The final score was: Faughs 2-9 Kilmihil 2-3

On 7th August Kilmihil played Lisdoonvarna in the Clare Senior Football Losers Competition at Miltown Malbay.
Final score: Kilmihil 3-7 Lisdoonvarna 1-6
Scorers: Gerard Considine, Pat Galvin, James Mc Mahon & Jim Anglim
Team: John Carmody, Johnno Finucane, Sean Keogh, Michael O’Grady, B. O’Connor, Finn Callinan, Patrick Griffin, Pat Galvin, Dan Finucane, Martin Hedderman, Michael Browne, James Mc Mahon, M. Mangan, Jim Anglim & Gerard Considine.
Subs: T. Normoyle & M Whelan

Kilmihil reached the Semi-Final of the Cusack Cup in September 1960.

“In a featureless game at Cooraclare on Sunday, Doonbeg, much the better footballers qualified for the Final of the Cusack Cup, when they defeated Kilmihil by 2-6 to 0-7.
A game which started 50 minutes late held interest, more because of its tough rugged exchanges, rather than any great displays of ability by the contestants. The appointed referee failed to turn up, and it took both sets of players, who were on the pitch on time, over three quarters of a hour to agree to an alternative referee.”
Best for Kilmihil were Dan O’Halloran & Michael O’Grady in defence, Dan Finucane at midfield, Pat Galvin and Michael Browne in the forwards.
Team: Jim Anglim, Michael O’Grady, Sean Keogh, Johnno Finucane, Dan O’Halloran, Finn Callinan, Gerard Considine, Dan Finucane, Pat Galvin, Martin Hedderman, Michael Browne, James Mc Mahon, T. Donnellan, J.J. Anglim & M. Anglim.